|LANGREITER.COM plain, simple|
- [create Functional Imaging]: blood thermodynamics
- de/oxygenated blood has different magnetic properties
- fi: extremely crude, 100k-1m neurons
- lots of different types of neurons, connect in very specific patterns
- action potentials > spike trains > pulsed code
- but also: analog communication (chemical signals)
- conversion to electrical signals and vice versa
- single neuron fires for one specific paperclip configuration (monkeys)
- (?) at high level, direct, explicit representation
- some very broad firing from neurons, some very specific
- "clinton neuron" (a.k.a. Grandmother Neuron), very specific response, even for different kinds of images (drawing, photo)
- front of brain is watching back of brain
- 100k neurons/mm³
- on the retina, very little processing is done
- [create Akinetopsia]: visual motion blindness (strobe light?)
- Achromatopsia: inability to perceive color (but different wavelengths)
- (?) inability to perceive fear based on visual stimuli
- neural code: a pulsed code. how to quantify? e.g. rate.
- Wolf Singer: "all neurons that code for X fire synchronously"
- 40 hertz
- [create Local Field Potential]
GET YOUR MOVE ON
ALMOST ALL ABOUT YOU
So log in, fella — or finally get your langreiter.com account. You always wanted one.
Nearby in the temporal dimension:
... and 59 of the anonymous kind.
Click on for a moderate dose of lcom-talk. This will probably not work in Lynx and other browser exotica.
RECENT EDITS (MORE)
Uncut Games bei Gameware
Offenlegung gem. §25 MedienG:
Christian Langreiter, Langkampfen