CREATED BY chris • LAST EDITED BY chris 4707 days AGO
| little b|
Programming language designed to enable people to build modular descriptions (models) of biological systems. Based on Lisp.
People: Jeremy Gunawardena, Aneil Mallavarapu
Bio-IT World Interview with JG and AM (extensive!)
- focussing on biochemical modelling
- currently, fairly simple ODE models, in future, [create PDE] and stochastic models too
- focussing on modularity, reusable concepts (species type, reaction type &c.)
- theorists can extend the terminological set biologists can then use
- goal: virtual experiments
- currently: read publications, get math-fit post-docs, build monolithic model (from scratch), albeit other people have bitten off various parts of it already
- knowledge in biology expands, more nuances, no grand contraction like [create Maxwell's Equations]
- intuition for what happens in complex systems is poor, c.f. [create Braess' Paradox] in road traffic network design
- [create Entelos] and Gene Network Sciences are closest in the commercial sector
- Systems Biology is about the shift from finding out what the components are (e.g. proteins) to answering how, collectively, behaviour is produced
- also: shift from discovery science to engineering
GET YOUR MOVE ON
ALMOST ALL ABOUT YOU
So log in, fella — or finally get your langreiter.com account. You always wanted one.
Nearby in the temporal dimension:
... and 53 of the anonymous kind.
Click on for a moderate dose of lcom-talk. This will probably not work in Lynx and other browser exotica.
RECENT EDITS (MORE)
Uncut Games bei Gameware
Offenlegung gem. §25 MedienG:
Christian Langreiter, Langkampfen